The 330ha Shakila Private Game Reserve is nestled in the Waterberg mountain ranges, Limpopo Province, on the outskirts of the fast developing Modimolle (Nylstroom) & Bela Bela (Warmbaths) holiday retreats.
This tranquil nature retreat offers abundant game and bird life, breathtaking scenery and walks. Shakila Private Game Reserve offers the opportunity to purchase your own private and exclusive property, one of 48 full title units of approximately 1ha in size. Most of the stands have amazing views over the Waterberg cliff.
Only 18km away from Bela Bela and 1h30 drive from Gauteng’s main centres, Shakila is enveloped in the folds of the beautiful Waterberg Mountain Ranges. This secluded exclusive hideaway is perfect for bush breakaways with family groups or just some friends who want to enjoy the peace and solitude of the Northern Limpopo province bush.
The reserve consists mainly out of Waterberg sandstone and a conglomerate of quarts mixtures. Tree species detected are the Wild Seringa also known as the “Pierneef Tree”, the Wild fig, the largest fruited Bush willow, the Terinalia, Karee, Acacia, Cabbage tree and lots more other Waterberg savannah tree species.
Situated quietly on a ridge, on top of the Waterberg mountains, gazing down with quiet expectation and in solitude, experience the sound of the Nyl River gently flowing. The Nyl flood plains are located approximately 30km away near Mogopane (Naboomspruit), and are a well known RAMSAR and world wide conservancy area due to its magnificent bird life.
Amongst others, a breeding pair of Black Eagles are settled on the cliff opposite the stands. Watch the beautiful valley below, soak up the extraordinary vistas, and enjoy the wind rustling though the trees. Note the elusive Leopard perhaps lounging lazily on the rocks in the sun and hear the calling of the acrobatic Black Eagle calling for its mates. On occasion the silence is shattered by the clear call of Fish Eagles that resonate through the valley.
Animals are in abundance. Game include the rare Brown Hyena, Kudu, Waterbuck, Eland, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Klipspringer, Reedbuck, Duiker, Lynx, Bush Pig, Warthog, Bushbuck, Leopard, Steenbok, Porcupine, Aardvark, Hedgehog, Python, Aardwolf, Jackal, Baboons, Otter, Iguana, Lizards, Amphibious reptiles and birds of many varieties.
- 48 Private Full-title stands, approximately 1ha in size and each with magnificent mountainous or Savannah views
- Only 1h30 from Pretoria and 18km from Bela Bela
- No Land Claims
- 36 months to build
Refer to important Shakila documents and provisions listed below regarding Shakila Site Plans, Offer to Purchase, Building and Architectural Guidelines, Home Owner’s Association Rules and Regulations, Statute and Shakila Owner’s Association Notary Certificate
- Gatehouse and security game fence to ensure safety or all residents and game
- Inclusive of purchase are building and architectural guidelines, rules and regulations of Shakila Home Owners Association
- Possible 12 additional units and Central Conference facilities for Phase two are planned as part of the development
- Borehole water will be provided by the Developer to a point bordering each stand/unit. From here the owner/s need to connect the water as per their own requirements. General services will be rendered as agreed to by the Body Corporate with an appropriate levy